Maria Suppa CPA, CFF, MBA
Director of Tax and Treasury
126 Business Park Drive
Utica, NY 13502
- BS, Public Accounting, Utica College of Syracuse University
- MBA, Accounting, SUNY Institute of Technology
Maria Suppa is a Certified Public Accountant with experience in all aspect for financial statement preparation, experience in business income/extra expense claims as well as accounting-related aspects of property damage insurance claims, including dependent properties, payroll limitation claims, utilities services, leasehold interest, accounts receivable, electronic data, stock claims, inventory reconstructions, and brands and labels coverage.
Suppa was previously the Financial Controller of AI before moving to Director of Tax and Treasury. She has also been involved in the preparation, support and settlement of numerous complex property insurance claims. Clients in the following industries have benefited from Suppa’s assistance: auto dealerships, multi unit apartment complex, shopping centers, retail, manufacturing, professional office, hospitality, medical offices, construction companies, equipment manufacturers, and restaurants.
Her past employment experience prior to joining Tidal Basin includes serving as an accountant at a regional CPA firm, where she was responsible for financial statement preparation; profit and not-for profit audit and attest functions; corporate, personal and fiduciary income tax returns; and payroll service and tax forms filing.
As a member of the consulting team Suppa has served as the Business Interruption Specialist on many engagements.
- State of Louisiana, BP Oil Spill, July 2010–2012
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants, Utica Chapter President
- Certified Public Accountant — State of New York
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants