- A.A., Architectural Engineering, Wentworth Institute
Mark began working with FEMA Public Assistance in late 2005 when he joined the disaster response to Hurricane Katrina in Louisiana as a Project Officer/Architect III assigned to the Justice Group. His responsibilities included inspecting and documenting every police, fire, EMS, courthouse, jail, prison facility and coroners’ office destroyed in the event. Mark was promoted to group lead for Justice, and transitioned into the liaison between FEMA and the City of New Orleans. He wrote and oversaw approximately $134 million in project worksheets for Hurricane Katrina.
Since leaving FEMA, Mark has worked with state agencies, local governments, not-for-profits and private businesses in disaster recovery operations and pre-event preparedness activities. Mark has a successful architectural practice in Massachusetts and is licensed in the State of Connecticut.
- New York University Langone Medical Center, New York City – Hurricane Sandy
- State of New York – Transportation Task Force Lead – Hurricane Sandy
- State of Florida – PAC for State Agencies – Tropical Storm Debby and Hurricane Isaac
- Consultants to Clark County, Indiana – March ’12 Tornados
- FEMA Public Assistance Consultants to Mount Sinai Medical Center, Miami Beach, Florida – Hurricane Katrina
- FEMA Public Assistance Consultants to the Town of Olive, New York – Hurricane Irene/TS Lee
- State Public Assistance Coordinator, Alabama Emergency Management Agency – April 2011 Tornados
- Sr. Appeals Cadre Specialist, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) – Nationwide First Appeals Contract
- Project Manager – State of Texas Office of Rural Community Affairs (ORCA)
- Project Officer/Architect – NISTAC – FEMA Justice Group New Orleans – Hurricane Katrina Response and Recovery
- Mitigation Specialist All FEMA-required training
- EMMIE Operations
- DASHBOARD and Pocket Guide Fluent